Welcome to Health and Social Care at APS!
Welcome to BTEC National Health and Social Care (HSC). Although some of you many have studied HSC at KS4, we realise that this will not be the case for all of you. We want to ensure that everybody is equally able to access the content of the course and the following tasks give you a chance to learn about one of the key elements of working in a health or social care sector - the importance of delivering excellent quality care.
Task: How Windmill Care Homes ensure that the care provided is of the highest quality
Use the following website to research how care is provided at Osbourne Court: www windmillcare.com
(Please do not contact the Home directly. All information you need for this task is available on the web-site.)
The following questions will help you to focus your research.
- Windmill Care Homes are a service provider. For whom are they providing the service?
- What facilities are provided at Osbourne Court?
- How do staff at Osbourne Court ensure that the residents are well nourished?
- What activities are made available to the residents? How might residents of Osbourne Court benefit from these activities?
- Osbourne Court specialises in care for people living with Dementia. What are the main features of the care that staff provide for each individual? (You could do some research on what Dementia is too!)
- Imagine that you are the manager of Osbourne Court. How would you ensure that you employ people who are going to provide excellent quality care to the residents and uphold the values of Windmill Care Homes?
To discover more about the subject at a higher level:
- This YouTube video is really interesting about a fantastic care home providing for the needs of adults with Cerebral Palsy
- Use the link on Windmill Care Home web site to view the latest Care Quality Commission report on Osbourne Court