Welcome to the PE Faculty at APS!
The BTEC Sport course involves 12 units that cover a variety of topics. If you are passionate about sport and enjoy watching it and/ or playing it then you can use this knowledge to complete the assignments.
We would like you to produce a PowerPoint that you will present to the BTEC Sport group in the first lesson in September.
Please choose two sports performers that you see on the television over the summer that have two contrasting body types and present the following information about them:
- Write an introduction about each performer – who are they, what do they do, can you give any other interesting facts about them?
- What components of fitness are most important to each of them for their sport
- What type of training will they do and how much to keep up their levels of fitness
- What are the short and long term effects of exercise on their physiological systems (cardiovascular, respiratory, skeletal, muscular)
- List some food types that would be good for these sports performers
We want the presentation to be exciting / interesting so use pictures and any other method you want to do this
To discover more about the subject at a higher level:
- Write a suitable diet plan for one of your performers over a week leading up to a competition.
- Try and watch as much sport as you can over the holidays on TV.
- Keep up to date with events in the sporting world by looking at the BBC website and make a mental note of any controversy that surrounds a sport or an individual.